Paris (France), Liège (Belgium), June 9, 2015 / Ymagis (ISIN: FR0011471291, MNEMONIC: MAGIS), the European specialist in digital technologies for the motion picture industry, today announced the appointment of Maxime Rigaud as General Manager of Exhibitor Services for France, Switzerland and Africa. The announcement follows the Group’s purchase statement on March 25 of the French company R2D1, which is specialized in the installation and maintenance of digital cinema equipment.
"We are thrilled to announce this acquisition as part of our strategy to grow our products and services offer," explained Ymagis CEO and co-Founder Jean Mizrahi. "Our company is primarily known in France for our contribution to the financing of the transition to digital cinema through the VPF(1) model. However, our service activities now represent a significant portion of our annual revenues and profits, and they are expected to increase very quickly in the future.”
"This coming together of our two organizations will allow us to not only expand our services offer but also better meet our movie exhibitor clients’ needs," said Maxime Rigaud, General Manager of R2D1. "We share the same work ethic and values with Ymagis Group, making this merger a natural fit. I am very pleased and proud to be heading up this new structure."
Till Cussmann, VP Exhibitor Services, added, "Our goal is to become the industry leader in France by 2017. To do so, we aim to make available to our clients the most up-to-date technological expertise we’ve developed worldwide in recent years with the implementation and management of new technologies (4K, 3D, immersive sound, laser projection systems, High Dynamic Range(2)) and the integration of intelligent solutions such as our Melody Theater Management System (TMS(3)), all-in-one library software, Orchestra, and the complete automation of projection booths."
Founded in 2009 by Maxime Rigaud, Dominique Rigaud and Jacques Damitio, R2D1 is known for its high-quality technical installations in French multiplexes as such Pathé (whose 80 cinemas were equipped with projection and sound systems) as well as in prestigious locations, which include the Centre Georges Pompidou, Quai Branly Museum, Grand Palais and the Seydoux and Louis Vuitton Foundations in Paris. R2D1 is the sole seller of SONY 4K projection systems in France, Switzerland and Africa (120 screens equipped to date). R2D1 is also a leader in the installation of sound equipment, with over 200 theaters now equipped with 7.1(4) and Dolby Atmos(5).
Based in the Paris suburb of Montrouge, Maxime Rigaud reports to Till Cussmann. Rigaud’s team includes Olivier Douet, who joined the group in early 2015 as Head of Sales for France, Switzerland, and North Africa, as well Sales Managers Vincent Bruère and Virgile Fridemann. R2D1 has a staff of nine employees, all of whom also join Ymagis Group.
Ymagis Group also announced today the successful completion of its acquisition of R2D1. Ymagis Group now has 80% ownership of the company, with the remainder controlled by Maxime Rigaud. In the coming weeks, the business activities of Ymagis Engineering Services (YES) – a whollyowned subsidiary of Ymagis Group specialized in the installation and maintenance of digital cinema equipment - will be merged with R2D1. Following this operation, Ymagis Group and Maxime Rigaud will ultimately control 90% and 10% of R2D1, respectively.
ABOUT YMAGIS GROUP
Founded in 2007 and managed by professionals from both the cinema- and high-tech industries, Ymagis Group is a leading company in Europe in the area of advanced digital technology services for the motion picture industry. We provide innovative solutions to movie exhibitors, distributors of films and event cinema, producers, and ad agencies. Following the integration of dcinex in October 2014, the group has grown its portfolio of activities and further developed its geographic footprint in Europe with permanent offices in 17 countries. The company's core business is structured around three main axes: services to exhibitors, services to producers and distributors, and finance solutions. As of December 31, 2014, 7,172 screens in Europe are under exhibitor services contracts with our company, and 6,027 screens have been installed under Virtual Print Fee (1) “VPF” contracts. Ymagis Group is the only company capable of providing a content delivery service (satellite, DSL, fiber) across Europe thanks to the 3,300 cinemas connected to its network. Ymagis Group is headquartered in Paris (France) and Liege (Belgium). Ymagis is a publicly-traded company listed on Euronext (ISIN: FR0011471291, MNEMONIC: MAGIS). For more information, please connect to http://www.Ymagis.com and http://www.dcinex.com or contact info@Ymagis.com
(1) VPF or Virtual Print Fee: VPF or Virtual Print Fee: Fee paid to Ymagis Group by the supplier of digital content, mainly the distributors of feature-length films, in order to allow the projection of its content in a theater under VPF contract with Ymagis Group, regardless of the equipment financing model chosen by both parties (Third Party Investors – financing carried out by Ymagis Group - or Third-party Collector – financing carried out by the exhibitor). The VPF collection makes it possible to cover a significant part of the financing of digital projection equipment, the balance being supported by the exhibitors under contract with Ymagis Group.
(2) HDR: High-dynamic-range imaging (HDRI or HDR) is a set of techniques used in imaging and photography to reproduce a greater dynamic range of luminosity than is possible with standard digital imaging or photographic techniques.
(3) TMS: A software application that provides centralised management of theatre operations– including schedule management
(4) 7.1 sound is the common name for an eight-channel surround audio system commonly used in home theatre configurations. It adds two additional speakers to the more conventional six-channel (5.1) audio configuration.
(5) Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos is the name of a surround sound technology announced by Dolby Laboratories in April 2012
Source: Ymagis SA/R2D1 SAS